What is Ben Roethlisberger’s net worth?
Net Worth:$100 Million Age:41 Born:March 2, 1982 Gender:Male Height:1.96 m (6 ft 5 in) Country of Origin:United States of America Source of Wealth:Professional NFL Player Last Updated:March 8, 2023
Nicknamed “Big Ben”, Ben Roethlisberger is regarded by the experts as one of the best American football quarterbacks in the history of the game.
He joined the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2004 and won the award for Offensive Rookie of the Year following his debut year.
With a significant amount of passing yards and an excellent passing completion rate, Roethlisberger is renowned for his incredibly effective “backyard football” strategy.
As of December 2023, Ben Roethlisberger’s net worth is estimated to be $100 Million.
Ben Roethlisberger Facts
- Roethlisberger serves as the spokesperson for the initiative Swiss Roots, which aims to reconnect Americans of Swiss descent with their ancestors.
- In the 2012 movie, “The Dark Knight Rises,” starring Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, and Gary Oldman, Ben played on the football squad known as the Gotham Rogues.
- He started his own line of barbeque sauce, named Big Ben’s BBQ.
- Ben has Swiss ancestry, with his last name, Roethlisberger, originating in Switzerland.
- Ben and his wife, Ashley, have a daughter and two sons.
Ben Roethlisberger was born March 2, 1982, in Lima, Ohio, USA.
In high school, his athletic talent became apparent early on and he led the football squad, as well as the basketball and baseball squads.
Ben didn’t have the opportunity to play quarterback until his senior year of high school, since the coach chose to utilize his son in that role.
He transferred to Miami University in 2000, however, he redshirted his first season there, but the following year, he made his debut and began to perform exceptionally well, smashing many school records.
Roethlisberger returned to Miami University in 2012 to finish his education there and on May 6, 2012, he received his Bachelor of Science in Education.
Due to his well-known college accomplishments, Roethlisberger was selected as the 11th overall choice in the 2004 NFL Draft and signed a contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers for $22.26 million, plus $17.73 million in bonuses.
Ben took over as the team’s starting quarterback after injuries to the Steelers’ top two starting quarterbacks and made a huge impression his first season.
Big Ben helped defeat the Seattle Seahawks to win the Super Bowl the very next year, in 2005 but he struggled to get going in 2006 following a motorcycle injury sustained during the off-season.
He then sustained a concussion in the middle of the season but shrugged it off and helped his team triumph over the Bengals, going on to participate in his first Pro Bowl in 2007, but then announced his intention to retire as a Steeler at the end of the season.
However, after some serious negotiating, he was offered a massive new $102 million contract with the team in 2008, which he accepted.
He helped guide the team to another Super Bowl triumph that year, but despite his masterful skills over the following few years, he was unable to win another Super Bowl.
The Pittsburgh Steelers are amongst the richest NFL teams and Ben joins Cameron Heyward, TJ Watt, James Conner, and Le’Veon Bell as one of their stand-out players.
Ben Roethlisberger’s Career Earnings
Ben Roethlisberger has earned over $300 million in career earnings, making him one of the richest players in the NFL rivaling Colin Kaepernick for the top spot.
Roethlisberger is a two-time Super Bowl champion and has been named the NFL’s Offensive Player of the Year twice.
Here’s an estimated overview of Ben Roethlisberger’s annual income:
- Ben Roethlisberger’s Salary In 2017 – $12 Million
- Ben Roethlisberger’s Salary In 2018 – $17 Million
- Ben Roethlisberger’s Salary In 2019 – $40 Million
- Ben Roethlisberger’s Salary In 2020 – $26 Million
- Ben Roethlisberger’s Salary In 2021 – $14 Million
- Ben Roethlisberger’s Salary In 2022 – $23 Million
He retired from the Pittsburgh Steelers, with whom he has won two Super Bowl titles, at the end of the 2021-2022 season.
Roethlisberger has earned millions of dollars throughout his career in the NFL, through a combination of his contract salaries, endorsements, and bonuses.
Ben Roethlisberger’s Net Worth Annually
In 2010, he signed a new contract worth $102 million, with $36.5 million guaranteed.
Here’s a breakdown of Ben Roethlisberger’s annual net worth:
- Ben Roethlisberger’s Net Worth In 2017 – $72 Million
- Ben Roethlisberger’s Net Worth In 2018 – $75 Million
- Ben Roethlisberger’s Net Worth In 2019 – $80 Million
- Ben Roethlisberger’s Net Worth In 2020 – $89 Million
- Ben Roethlisberger’s Net Worth In 2021 – $95 Million
- Ben Roethlisberger’s Net Worth In 2022 – $100 Million
Ben Roethlisberger signed a contract worth $87.4 million with the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2008, making him one of the highest-paid players in the NFL at the time.
Despite his injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident that left him with a severe head laceration, he was still able to continue playing with no ill effects.
Ben has previously been charged with sexual assault on numerous occasions and was the subject of a civil lawsuit in 2009 for the alleged sexual assault of Andrea McNulty in a hotel room.
In 2010, Roethlisberger was under investigation for a second alleged sexual assault but later, it was decided that there wasn’t enough proof to press charges.
The criticism of Roethlisberger, though, was severe, particularly because the accuser of his abuse never backed down.
Ben ultimately failed to secure a sponsorship from PLB Sports and, in addition, received a six-game suspension for violating the NFL’s personal conduct rules.
But despite all the controversy, Roethlisberger married Ashley Harlan, a medical assistant from New Castle, Pennsylvania, on July 23, 2011.
The couple has three children, Ben Jr., Baylee, and Bodie and, after some deep introspection, Ben decided to reaffirm his Christian faith in 2017.
Roethlisberger serves as the spokesperson for Swiss Roots, an initiative aimed at reuniting Americans of Swiss descent with their Swiss ancestry.
You can follow Ben’s official Instagram account or his official Twitter account to see what he’s getting up to next.
Awards & Achievements
In addition to his contract earnings, Roethlisberger has also made millions of dollars through endorsements with companies such as Nike and Nike.
Here are some of the more memorable moments from Ben Roethlisberger’s career:
- Ben was awarded the title of Super Bowl MVP twice, once in 2006 and again in 2009.
- In 2017, Roethlisberger signed a contract extension with the Steelers worth $87 million over four years, with a $31 million signing bonus.
- Roethlisberger has also earned bonuses for his performance on the field, such as his $5 million bonus for winning the Super Bowl in 2009.
- As of 2021, Roethlisberger’s career earnings are estimated to be over $250 million, making him one of the highest-paid players in NFL history.
- He won two Super Bowl championships, once in 2006 and again in 2009.
Ben takes his responsibilities in the community seriously and feels that it is his duty to give back and help wherever he can.
He still sees himself as a “small-town kid” who was blessed with a whole lot of talent and was then given a lot of great opportunities which he doesn’t take for granted.
How Does Ben Roethlisberger Spend His Money?
Ben Roethlisberger loves to travel and has taken numerous trips to Europe and elsewhere since his drafting in 2004.
Although he loves to invest in real estate, he’s not been lucky and sold both his homes for a loss.
Ben currently resides in a lavish residence he constructed himself for $2 million which has an outdoor pool and spa and is 22,464 square feet in size.
He apparently drives some of the most expensive cars in the world and, according to rumors, Roethlisberger is the owner of a collection of pricey cars valued at roughly $4 million.
His collection includes a Hummer, Ferrari 488 GTB, Mini Cooper Convertible, Alfa Romeo Disco Volante, and his first motorcycle.
Ben Roethlisberger is a well-decorated professional American football quarterback who’s been playing in the National Football League (NFL) for the same team since 2004.
He recently retired as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers, with whom he has had a successful and eventful career.
Here are some of the best highlights of Ben Roethlisberger’s career:
- Ben attended Miami University and went on to become the most successful quarterback in the school’s history.
- In 2004, Ben was named the MAC Offensive Player of the Year.
- He set the Steelers’ record for most passing yards, smashing Terry Bradshaw’s record in 2011.
- Roethlisberger was drafted by the Steelers in the first round of the 2004 NFL Draft and became the team’s starting quarterback in his rookie season.
- In 2005, he led the Steelers to their first Super Bowl victory in 26 years and was named the Super Bowl MVP.
Roethlisberger was inducted into the Pittsburgh Steelers Hall of Fame in 2021, in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the team.
In his 17-year career, he has been named a first-team All-Pro three times and has been selected to the Pro Bowl six times.
Favorite Ben Roethlisberger Quotes
Ben’s most notable achievement was winning the Super Bowl at the age of 23, making him NFL history’s youngest quarterback in history.
Here are our favorite quotes from Ben Roethlisberger:
- “Leadership is something you earn, something you’re chosen for. You can’t come in yelling, ‘I’m your leader!’ If it happens, it’s because the other guys respect you.” – Ben Roethlisberger
- “It doesn’t matter if I threw an interception or a Hail Mary, he always says, ‘Good job, son, I’m proud of you.’ Then he shakes my hand and gives me a hug. Every time.” – Ben Roethlisberger
- “I try to live my life like my father lives his. He always takes care of everyone else first.”- Ben Roethlisberger
- ” I take my life and put it on the football field, and I take the football field and put it in my life.” – Ben Roethlisberger
- “I believe that if you work hard and do your best, you can achieve anything you want to in life.” – Ben Roethlisberger
3 Amazing Lessons From Ben Roethlisberger
Roethlisberger holds several Steelers franchise records, including the most passing yards and touchdowns in a single season.
Now that you know all about Ben Roethlisberger’s net worth, here are some of the best success lessons to learn from Ben Roethlisberger:
1. Work Hard And Never Give Up
Roethlisberger has had many challenges and setbacks in his career, but he has always persevered and continued to work hard to improve and succeed.
This determination and dedication to his sport are the key to his success and resulted in two Super Bowl wins.
2. Stay Humble And Grounded
Despite his many achievements and accolades, Roethlisberger has remained humble and down-to-earth and has never let success go to his head.
This ability to stay grounded and not let fame and fortune change him is an important lesson for anyone who wants to be successful.
3. Give Back To Your Community
Roethlisberger has always been active in his community and has been involved in many charitable and philanthropic efforts.
He has shown that it is important to use your talents and resources to help others and make a positive impact on the world.
Ben Roethlisberger asserts that “Football is not who I am, it is what I do,” dedicating the first four decades of his life to becoming one of the best quarterbacks in football history.
He feels that he has been blessed to be part of such an inspiring organization and is grateful for the opportunities that the Steelers have given him.
Ben never gets too high or too low, knowing that one has good days and bad days, and maintains that so long as he stays on an even keel and remains level-headed, he’ll be fine.
As of December 2023, Ben Roethlisberger’s net worth is estimated to be $100 Million.