2024 GMC Canyon Elevation
The Elevation is the base level trim for the 2024 GMC Canyon. With a $37,595 starting MSRP, it’s the most affordable option of all five trim levels. The GMC Canyon Elevation is also the most fuel-efficient trim of all models, with an EPA-estimated 18mpg city and 23mpg highway.
Standard features in all of Canyon’s 2024 models, including the Elevation are:
- 8-inch infotainment system with Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities and six-speaker setup
- Built-in applications: Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Google Maps
- Rear-wheel drive
- Optional 360-view camera system upgrade
For drivers looking for the best bang for the buck in a new pickup truck, the Elevation is an ideal GMC Canyon trim level.Shop GMC Canyon
2024 GMC Canyon AT4
The Canyon AT4 is ideal for drivers with a smaller budget, but want the same advanced features included in the AT4X and AT4X AEV upper trim levels.
Standard designs and equipment in the AT4 that’s also in the AT4X and AT4X AEV trims include:
- Manually adjustable heated seats
- 4-wheel drive
- Remote start system
- Optional wireless phone charging
Starting MSRPs for the 2024 Canyon AT4 is $44,595. It’s around $8,000 to $16,000 cheaper than its upper trim levels and has mostly the same standard amenities. For those who want a luxurious but cost-effective off-road luxury pickup truck, the AT4 is a great trim option.
2024 GMC Canyon Denali
The 2024 Canyon Denali is the epitome of upscale mid-size pickup trucks. As one of the upper-priced models with a $52,595 starting MSRP, it has exclusive features not available in other trim levels. Only the Denali and AT4X offer the largest available digital gauge cluster with an 11-inch display, while others have an 8-inch design.
The 360-view camera also comes standard in the GMC Canyon Denali and AT4X, while other trims must pay for an add-on. For those who desire the ultimate mid-size truck experience, the Denali offers unparalleled sophistication.Shop GMC Canyon
2024 GMC Canyon AT4X
The 2024 GMC Canyon AT4X has become a favorite among mid-size pickup truck drivers because it offers the perfect blend of rugged off-road performance and luxurious advanced technology.
Other standard Canyon AT4X features will include:
- 17-inch black high-gloss aluminum wheels with a machined finish
- Boomtastic seven-speaker Bose audio system with a head-up display
- Wireless phone charging
- 360-degree camera system
This powerful and exclusive feature-packed trim is the ideal choice for pickup truck drivers that want performance and innovation on their adventures.
AT4X Edition 1 Package
The 2024 GMC Canyon AT4X Edition 1 Package includes:
- Extremely Limited Availability
- Exclusive Edition 1 Tailgate Badge
- 17-inch Beadlock-Capable Wheels
- Performance Front Skid Plate
- Front 30-inch Off-Road Grille Light Bar
- Off-Road Front Bumper with Safari Bar
- Winch by COMEUP
- Front and Rear Underbody Cameras
- Reconfigurable Bed Rails
2024 GMC Canyon AT4X AEV Edition
The 2024 Canyon AT4X AEV is the newest trim announced and raising the bar for mid-size trucks. It’s 1.5 inches taller than the AT4X, offering 12.2 inches in ground clearance.
The Canyon AT4X AEV builds its foundation on the AT4 trim but offers additional features:
- Wireless phone charging
- Stamped steel bumpers
- 17-inch AEV Beadlock-Capable Wheels Wrapped in 35-Inch Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT Tires
- Robust steel skid plates
- Larger fender flares
- Exclusive front and rear electronic locking differentials
- Underbody plating
- Multimatic DSSV dampers
What sets the GMC Canyon AT4 AEV apart is that it was manufactured with AEV to integrate enhanced off-road capabilities, upgraded hardware, and equipment updates. AEV designs are exclusive to this model, making it the highest performing on and off-road trim all around.
Interior Features & Cab Configurations
The 2024 Canyon will have 41.9 cubic feet of cargo space and 61.7 inches in cargo bed length. The interior has a head-up display and a modern infotainment system across all trims. It also has Hitch View and Hitch Guidance display modes with an underbody camera to make finding trailer tongues easier.
While interior color designs have yet to be announced, GMC currently offers Jet Black, Timber, and Obsidian Rush. After the 2023 model’s cabin re-design, we expect 2024 to have similar options with potential new colors.
Cab and bed configurations for the 2024 GMC Canyon are either a 2WD or 4WD crew cab short box. It has five-passenger seating, a single four-door configuration, and a 60/40 split-folding bench with storage.Shop GMC Canyon
Exterior Colors & Dimensions
The 2024 Canyon is a boxy mid-size pickup truck with a taller and wider stance. Its exterior dimensions are 213.2″ L x 84.4″ W x 79.8″ H. Since the Canyon is mid-size, it’s practical for traveling through tight roads, smaller parking lots, and garage parking.
Available exterior colors for the 2024 GMC Canyon include:
- Sterling Metallic
- Summit White
- Onyx Black
- Solar Flare Metallic
- Desert Sand Metallic
- Volcanic Red Tintcoat
- Dynamic Blue Metallic
- Deep Bronze Metallic
There is chatter about a new set of color options coming to the 2024 Canyon, but it is unclear if they will be additions or replace some of the options above. Those potential color choices include Olympic White, Sharkskin Metallic, Pull Me Over Red, Abalone White Pearl, and Radiant Red Metallic. The Canyon also features LED daytime lights, taillights, and projector lights for clearer nighttime navigation. Lastly, the front grille will offer a bigger and bolder design compared to the 2023 model.
For drivers who want a pickup truck size that isn’t too large or small, the 2024 GMC Canyon is the perfect middle balance.
Engines, Horsepower, Traction Modes
The 2024 GMC Canyon has a 310-hp turbocharged-four cylinder and 430 lb-ft of torque, accelerating from 0 to 60mph in over 6 seconds.
Car and Driver analyzed its 2.7 L inline-four engine with competitors and found the 2024 Canyon has more power and torque than V-6 powertrains in the Honda Ridgeline, Jeep Gladiator, and Toyota Tacoma.
We speculate that selectable traction modes for the Canyon will continue from the 2023 design including:
- Baja: Newest mode announced. Exclusive launch control mode for AT4X and AT4X AEV trims
- Tour/Normal: Daily driving with optimized fuel economy.
- Sport: Tightened steering, responsive suspension calibration, and hydraulic dampers for a fun driving experience.
- Tow/Haul: Low gear mode to increase torque for heavy trailers and loads.
- AWD: Only available for non-4WD to improve driving on standard road conditions.
- Snow/Ice: Slows acceleration in severe snow and wet weather.
- Off-Road: Improves traction for off-road driving in mud, sand, and gravel.
- Terrain: Adjusts shift mapping, traction control, and automatic braking in various terrains.
- My Mode: Customizes suspension, steering, and engine sound through a center display.
- Z Mode/V Mode: Tunes propulsion, engine shift, and exhaust settings.
- Track Mode: Provides maximum control by adjusting the accelerator pedal.
- Weather: Adjusts throttle progression and transmission to control wheel speed.
The 2024 Canyon will have an eight-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive as standard equipment across all trims. Other notable features include weighted steering and firm brake pedals.
Towing Capacity & Payload Rating
The 2024 GMC Canyon will have various maximum towing capacities for each trim level:
- Elevation, AT4, & Denali: 7,700 pounds
- AT4X: 6,000 pounds
- AT4X Edition 1 Package: 5,500 pounds
Maximum payload capacity is expected to be 1,779 pounds for all models. Compared to other mid-size pickups on the market, the 2024 Canyon can easily compete with its current power.
2024 vs. 2023 GMC Canyon Changes & Updates
With a full cabin redesign of the 2023 GMC Canyon, including a new powertrain, AT4X off-roader, and updated styling, we expect the 2024 model to be a more refreshed version of last year’s.
Some updates you can expect to see in the 2024 Canyon include:
- Stronger skid plates
- Additional ground clearance in select trims
- AEV steel bumpers
- Closer cup holders to the driver and passenger
- New digital gauge cluster behind the steering wheel
Elements expected to remain from the 2023 model include its modernized cabin look, new switchgear, and OnStar 4G LTE system.
Safety Ratings & Technology
While overall safety ratings aren’t readily available yet, the NHTSA ranked the 2024 Canyon a respectable 4 out of 5 stars in front and side crash testing.
Standard safety technology and features included on all trims are:
- Forward collision warning
- Automatic emergency braking
- Adaptive high beams
- Lane keep assistance
GMC also offers two add-on safety packages in the 2023 model that we expect to continue in the 2024 generation. The Predict Technology Package brings adaptive cruise control and rear pedestrian alert. The Safety Plus Package includes blind-spot monitoring, rear parking sensors, and rear cross-traffic alert. Overall, we don’t expect safety features to change much.
2024 GMC Canyon for Sale in Santa Fe, NM
In the world of mid-size pickup trucks, the 2024 GMC Canyon is your ticket to seamless off-road adventures. From increased ground clearance and AEV-exclusive equipment to ranging prices, it’s no surprise that the Canyon can suit many budgets and driving needs.
Don’t miss the chance to own the newest GMC pickup that combines power, innovation, and versatility in one package. Browse our inventory or schedule a test drive at Octane GMC, Santa Fe’s #1 GMC dealership, once the 2024 GMC Canyon goes on sale!